April 16, 2012

Multi Moods ...One Individual

One person... Varying feelings and moods... Different phases or periods...


Sometimes I’m high
Other times I feel low
Sometimes it’s like I know
Other times I feel so lost

So many things I dream to be
Hustling so hard aiming for the price
Adrenalin pumping as I run the race
I see it’s a marathon with endless laps
The passion inside displayed on my face
Fearlessly I press on even though I’m zapped
I jump the hurdles remaining on track
The finish line I know I aim to brace
So I keep moving no matter what phase


I look around and none in sight
The loudness of the silence building my fright
The chill from the night engulfing my being
Wishing there was someone to share some heat
I sometimes just want to take a flight
When it seems like I’ve got no clue
Head clamped between my palms, Intermittently I sigh
Hoping that one day I’ll wear a smile



Like a million dollar girl I cruise around town
Feeling so confident with my dreams
I feel like I’m royal, I know I’m blessed
I speak with so much floss
Not knowing any less
Flooded with Euphoria as I take each step
I know what I want
I flaunt what I’ve got


Roaming aimlessly I think I lost my way
Turn left? Turn right? I ask myself
Stuck in the middle of nowhere I stand confused
Needing a compass to lead the way
As the night draws neigh I can feel the weight
Anxiety making my sweat so profuse
My destination i think I know somehow
But the route to take I can’t just say


....but sometimes I’m high
Other times I feel low
Sometimes it’s like I know
Other times I feel so lost


3 comments:

  1. Hajeeke,

    This is definitely a master piece, you sure know how to use words.

    Somehow, we all at some point go through this things and we just don't think abt them for too long. Thank God someone is not taking these phases for granted.

    Looking forward to the next 1.

    Opayemi Bayo.

    ReplyDelete